While Senior Living communities have been adopting both cloud services and amenities across their campuses, many have been running into the issue that their wireless infrastructure is not up to the task for the increased demand that these updates create. Slow connections cause frustration across the board, from residents, to families, to employees. To help fix this issue, Parasol Alliance has created a three-step process to ensure that your community has the network access that they need.
Step 1: Survey
Option 1: Predictive wireless survey
This option does not require engineers on site. Instead, our expert team uses simulation tools with your campus floor plan to create a radio frequency (RF) model of your environment. This helps us identify strong access points (APs) to recommend a strong channel plan and determine appropriate power levels.
This survey is a time and cost-effective way to deliver an accurate wireless plan for your community if you have precise and to-scale building blueprints or floor plans.
Option 2: Onsite wireless survey
In this option, one of our wireless engineers will conduct a manual inspection of your community’s hardware. This assessment will help your community by evaluating their mounting locations, orientation, signal strength, and proximity to walls of your wireless technology. This in-depth examination also checks for RF interference and noise levels. If you’re looking for the most comprehensive evaluation of your community’s wireless infrastructure, this is the best choice.
Step 2: Design
After the survey is completed, we design a full wireless solution for your community. This includes heat maps and placing access points in optimal locations to ensure full coverage, including a best-practice channel plan and power levels for your APs. This is all completed with a cost analysis that includes:
- Projected wireless access point costs
- Projected network switch ports with the hardware necessary to support it
- Cabling costs
Step 3: Implementation
- Parasol Alliance aims to make the implementation process seamless for your organization. We handle all vendor quotes and procurement for your access points, switches, firewall, and cabling. When assisting you in installing your improved wireless network we handle the following:
- Installation and configuration of switches
- Installation and configuration of your firewall
- Access point installation
- Network and access point configuration
- Change and communication management
- Full documentation and go-live support